restore lambretta j 50

Forum for all general Lambretta posting. Subjects like, clubmeets, ride-out, chit-chat, insurance, identification,... Feel free to use the language you're most comfortable with.

restore lambretta j 50

Postby aquavestment » 05 Oct 2009 21:12

Is there somebody who is able to paint my lambretta j50 and rebuild the engine if neccesary, or do you know somebody who is able to do the job.

Please let me know. I am using the lambretta to go to my work so it would be nice re restore it.

Please let me know asap. It's a nice winter job.
aquavestment

Postby kurt » 07 Oct 2009 00:33

From Ciao nr 25 on http://www.lambretta.be/newsletter/newslettersNL.htm
there was a 3 part story about a Junior Restauration. Maybe it can be of any inspiration for yours?
Mind you that full professional resto can cost some money, depending on the actual state and what you like to do.
Which region are you from?
kurt

Postby aquavestment » 08 Oct 2009 00:08

Hello Kurt,

I live in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Ilike somebody to do the engine and if possible the bodywork. It all depands on the price.

Can you help me out.
aquavestment

Postby aquavestment » 08 Oct 2009 00:10

It is no problem to bring the lambretta to Belgium and i am not in a hury either. Nederlands schrijven kan ook uiteraard.
aquavestment

Postby TheSeeker » 08 Oct 2009 08:21

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aquavestment</i>

Is there somebody who is able to paint my lambretta j50 and rebuild the engine if neccesary, or do you know somebody who is able to do the job.

Please let me know. I am using the lambretta to go to my work so it would be nice re restore it.

Please let me know asap. It's a nice winter job.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hello

Did you think about trying the work yourself? I don't think there are many professional scooter shops who would do this job in Belgium. They prefer Series 1/2/3 as the parts are easier to get. There are lots of amateurs (like me) but it's quite a big job for someone to take on.

In your position I would try to buy another J50 as they are not so rare and have a go at fixing your current one yourself. That way you stay on the road and learn something about your scooter at the same time.

Best regards

Ben

PS There is a good forum in the Netherlands where you might also find some help :-

http://www.dutchscooterforum.nl/forum/index.php?

"I've looked under chairs, I've looked under tables. I've tried find the key to fifty million fables".
TheSeeker

Postby daddy rush » 08 Oct 2009 19:57

en de mannen van lambretta club nederland doen die dat niet meer. de cor hij woont in Zundert of Meer dat ben ik even kwijt. dat is ook bijna belgie natuurlijk
daddy rush

Postby aquavestment » 14 Oct 2009 20:30

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by daddy rush</i>

en de mannen van lambretta club nederland doen die dat niet meer. de cor hij woont in Zundert of Meer dat ben ik even kwijt. dat is ook bijna belgie natuurlijk
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hallo daddy rush,

Kan je iets meer vertellen van cor te Zundert. Ben dringend op zoek naar iemand die het leuk vindt op te knappen.
aquavestment

Postby daddy rush » 14 Oct 2009 21:06

ga via google naar lambretta club nederland, dan naar bestuur en daar vind je de gegevens van Cor. good luck
daddy rush

Return to General