Li150 Series 2

Forum for all general Lambretta posting. Subjects like, clubmeets, ride-out, chit-chat, insurance, identification,... Feel free to use the language you're most comfortable with.

Postby TheSeeker » 08 Oct 2009 21:28

Thanks for the kind words guys, again I just got lucky through talking to everyone I met on the Guezentoer.

Before I saw the scoot I just had some pictures from the seller and I thought "ok lets fit my Imola engine with a big carb and make it a mutant beast".

But now I see that it's something worth preserving even if it will be slower than everyone else.

I did think about the mildest of "non-invasive" upgrades like a JL4 curly exhaust pipe and some higher jetting.

More news to come once I get a plate and ride it around for a while.

Ben

"I've looked under chairs, I've looked under tables. I've tried find the key to fifty million fables".
TheSeeker

Postby irish john » 08 Oct 2009 22:43

DO IT!!!! you know it makes sense!![}:)]
irish john

Postby TheSeeker » 09 Oct 2009 16:09

Got a plate from the DIV at lunch time. My fastest ever time of only two hours waiting!!! It helps when you have the old carte gris/rose.

I discretely took this picture of the efficient and prompt member of staff who helped me :-

Ben

"I've looked under chairs, I've looked under tables. I've tried find the key to fifty million fables".
TheSeeker

Postby TheSeeker » 09 Oct 2009 16:20

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by irish john</i>

DO IT!!!! you know it makes sense!![}:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Man I already feel guilty fitting modern tyres and drilling holes to fit the number plate.

Ben

TheSeeker

Postby fajes » 09 Oct 2009 17:00

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TheSeeker</i>

Got a plate from the DIV at lunch time. My fastest ever time of only two hours waiting!!! It helps when you have the old carte gris/rose.

I discretely took this picture of the efficient and prompt member of staff who helped me :-

Ben

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
looks you should've taken a better picture mate!! looks like it was worth watching that for 2 hours! [;)]
fajes

Postby TheSeeker » 21 Oct 2009 13:57

Hi Folks

I've been riding the scoot around town for a few days now. First impression is that's really smooth, very little power compared to a tuned engine but it hardly makes any noise. Just a nice whirring sound. Compared to my other scooters it feels very tight, there are no rattles or clunks as you go along.

It was having problems starting when the engine is hot. I thought the choke might be sticking on so I slackened off the cable but that didn't help. I had to bump start it again at lunch time. I've just replaced the old spark plug with a brand new NGK and it seems much better.

I had big plans to change the carb and exhaust but as John mentioned there doesn't seem much point while the engine is standard. Anyway I plan to leave the engine alone until the coil and points stop working (which they will I'm sure) and just enjoy riding it.

Best regards

Ben

TheSeeker

Postby irish john » 21 Oct 2009 19:56

You will get the most from it if you leave it like standard Ben. For the warm starting problem, try a vespa or serveta type self earthing coil instead of the old oil filled bottle coil that i presume you are still using. Also set the plug gap carefully, on old bikes this always helps to keep them running well.
I used to bolt a spare coil and condensor to the frame of my scoot so that if one failed it was just a matter of wiring the new one in and off i went again.
irish john

Previous

Return to General